What do we need to thrive and not just survive in our work, relationships and community? The answer may be simpler than you think.
1. Silence…the world is noisy…it is tough to ‘hear’ where, when and how to move in it without quiet stillness. Try ten minutes of quiet stillness today.
2. Beauty…where is beauty in your life? There is something grace-filled somewhere…find it.
3. A good friend…mutually nourishing friendships are one of life’s great treasures. They don’t just happen overnight and can be destroyed with a few clumsy words. Learn to grow them like an orchid needing special care. Its beauty will sustain you during life’s roughest and driest patches.
4. Passion…make time for what makes your heart sing, if only for ten minutes a week. It will seep into other parts of your life and you will thrive.
5. Gratitude…what you focus on will grow. Try writing down 5 things you are grateful for each day.
6. Exercise…step outside your door, walk briskly for 10 minutes, turn around and walk home. 20 minutes done. A good foundation to build on.
7. Healthy food…cut down on the junk now…try a baked yam with azuki beans, rice and collard greens-one of the easiest to make, delicious, and most nutrient packed meals around….experiment. You might find you enjoy shopping and cooking.
And finally, something to consider…find a good acupuncturist you can go to once a season, once a month, every other week or once a year. Why? You will have plenty of time to read about that in upcoming posts. In the meantime, know that acupuncture is one of the oldest and most used medicines on the planet and it works!
Leave a Reply